Police at Amansie south in the Ashanti region have arrested a man for robbery on Wednesday.
Daniel Dery, 32, robbed 17-old-year Okada operators on their way to Asawinso Ketewa in the Western North Region.
Daniel had hired the services of Emmanuel Boateng and agreed to pay him when they reached his destination.
But, halfway through the journey, Daniel tried to kill the okada operator.
According to Amansie South District Police Commander, Daniel borrowed money from the 17-year-old to purchase a hoe shaft.
Asp Felix Akowua says the suspected robber promised to reimburse Emmanuel the borrowed money and the cost of the service of the Okada.
Before they reached Diaso Sefwi, the suspects said to the okada rider he wanted to pee. and just after the okada rider pulled the brake, Daniel hit Emmanuel with the hoe shaft continuously until the poor boy became unconscious.
Police say Daniel thought Emmanuel had died. He took the motorbike away.
Emmanuel regained consciousness a few minutes later and managed to crawl to a roadside where he was rescued.
An alarm was blown and the suspect was arrested around Sefwi. Asp Felix Akowua says Daniel appeared before Bekwai Circuit court presided over by H/H Mark Diboro court on July 14, 2021 and would reappear on Friday, July 16, 2021.
In a similar development, seven suspected robbers who robbed and shot two gold dealers would reappear before Bekwai circuit court on July 27, 2021
They early on appeared before the court and have been remanded in police custody.
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Renowned advertising personality, Torgbor Mensah passes on
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- We’ll settle the 2024 elections ‘anyway-anyhow’ – Afriyie Ankrah
Mali expels ECOWAS envoy amid pressure over polls
Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi’s parents living in Libya
Samsung heir Lee Jae-yong convicted and fined on drug charges
US calls for ‘unconditional return’ to civilian rule
‘Why I returned to Boko Haram and how I escaped’
Covid-19 vaccines: Paediatricians on frontlines of child jab plan
Covid-19: Don’t worry about touching door handles – GHS
Ghana to receive over 6.4 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines at the end of 2021 – GHS
Farmer, 38 jailed 15 years for incest
We did not thumbprint one million ballots – EC
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Man sues Apple for refusing to fix his iPhone
Farmer sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for defiling two siblings at Abordom
Japan’s Princess Mako marries boyfriend Kei Komuro
Afghan baby girl sold for $500 by starving family