Audio By Carbonatix
A man on trial for rape for allegedly refusing to wear a condom on the third time he had sex with a woman in a one-night stand has told the jury it was 100 per cent consensual.
Imomotimi Wilson, 30, met his alleged victim in a pub and she agreed to go back to his house but told him she would only have sex if he used protection.
They had consensual sex twice but on the third occasion, the victim claimed that Wilson failed to use a condom.
The woman, a 40-year-old, said Wilson treated her 'like a piece of meat' as the alleged attack took place.
She said he held her hands over her head and told her 'if you love me you'll do it' before raping her for 15-20 seconds.
But giving evidence at his trial at Cambridge Crown Court Wilson said 'she said stop and that's when I stopped'.
He said: 'She said I feel like having sex again and I said "Yes, I feel like having sex with you as well again but there is no condom".
'She was romancing me, touching and kissing, and I said no, I do not want to do that because there is no condom.
'She started kissing me again and then I penetrated her. I believed 100 per cent it was consensual.
'Then she said stop and that's when I stopped. There were three seconds of penetration.'
The court heard how the pair met at The Regal pub in Cambridge on June 9 last year and took a taxi back to Wilson's shared house in the city at 2am.
She then spent most of the evening in bed with the defendant before leaving the property at around 6am.
The court heard how she phoned police later that afternoon and Wilson was arrested.
Caroline Allison, prosecuting, said: 'The prosecution say that she had made it perfectly clear in plain straight-forward language that the situation was no condom, no sex and that nothing had happened in the intervening period that would invite a reasonable belief that she was indeed consenting to unprotected sex.'
Wilson, of Cambridge, has pleaded not guilty to rape after claiming he stopped on the third time the woman said no.
Latest Stories
-
Demand TikTok remove explicit videos of victims – Gloria Amenu urges gov’t
17 minutes -
Gender Ministry must provide psychological care for exploited women – Gloria Amenu
22 minutes -
Trump lashes out at Supreme Court justices over tariffs ruling
1 hour -
Refrain from mass marketing or public promotional campaigns on virtual assets – BoG to VASPs
2 hours -
Government bans land transit of cooking oil; orders crackdown on customs complicity
3 hours -
NPA engages industry stakeholders on 24-hour economy pilot in petroleum sector
3 hours -
Ablakwa outlines key bilateral agreements with Burkina Faso to boost trade, security and border cooperation
3 hours -
Ghana, Burkina Faso deepen security ties after terrorists kill 8 Ghanaians in Titao
4 hours -
Luv FM launches 7th edition of Primary Schools Quiz; pupils urged to embrace Ghanaian culture
4 hours -
Nollywood star Michael Dappa stuns fans with big chop ahead of new film role
5 hours -
NPA slams gas ‘shortage’ rumours; assures over one month’s cover
5 hours -
BoG, SEC order the removal of all crypto billboards within 48 hours
6 hours -
Majority Leader fires back at Sefwi protesters
6 hours -
New Horizon Fun Games: Vice President calls for stronger national commitment to inclusion
7 hours -
Prof. Amoah warns Africa against becoming China’s ‘Dumping Ground’
7 hours
