Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson has signed a new contract with the club, extending his stay at Etihad Stadium until 2026.
Ederson, who joined in 2017, has won three Premier League titles at City and has played 194 games for the club.
The Brazilian is the fifth senior player to agree new terms in 2021, following Kevin de Bruyne, Fernandinho, John Stones and Ruben Dias.
“This was an easy decision – there is nowhere else I’d want to be,” he said.
“To be part of one of the best squads in world football and to compete for trophies year in year out is what every footballer wants, and that is the opportunity you’re given at City.”
Since signing from Benfica four years ago, Ederson has won every possible domestic honour during his time at the Etihad, including one FA Cup and four EFL Cups to add to the three Premier League titles.
In his 194 appearances in a City shirt, the Brazilian has kept an outstanding 95 clean sheets and twice been awarded the Premier League’s Golden Glove.
“We have achieved so much in the last four years,” he continued.
“I am confident we can continue to bring more success to the club in the coming seasons.”
The 28-year-old also praised the “outstanding” Pep Guardiola and said that working with him has been “one of the greatest experiences of my career”.
Manchester City director of football Txiki Begiristain added: “Ederson is one of the best goalkeepers in the world.
“His performances over the last four years have been nothing short of exceptional and there is no doubt he will continue to be a key player for us. We are thrilled he has committed his future to the club.”
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- Robbers make away with over ¢100k in alleged bullion van attack
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- Pastor whose prophecy triggered Shatta Wale’s fake shooting fiasco arrested
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
- Tiwa Savage reacts to alleged sex tape
- Akufo-Addo’s denial of promise to build harbour in Cape Coast is shocking – Abeiku Adams
- CAGD backtracks on ‘No Ghana Card, No Salary’ directive to public sector workers
- Shatta Wale arrested over hoax shooting incident
World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia’s Bahir Dar stadium banned, Walyas could play Black Stars on neutral ground
AWCON Qualifiers: Black Queens aim for fancied Nigeria upset
Salah scores twice as Liverpool beat 10-man Atletico
Messi brace inspires PSG comeback victory over Leipzig
Man City brush aside Club Brugge in emphatic victory
Put Shatta Wale and publisher before court for alleged fake gun attack – ASEPA petitions CID
Two arrested for circulating false information in connection with alleged gunshot attack on Shatta Wale
30 companies and 4 individuals honoured at 2021 Customer’s Choice
Shatta Wale arrested over hoax shooting incident
Playback: PM Express discusses demand for MMDCEs election re-run
KATH Psychiatry Unit launches caregiver support group for children with special needs
MP for Tamale Central reaffirms Minority’s commitment to pass anti-LGBTQI+ bill, Asks Akufo-Addo to make stance clear
NSMQ 2021: St Thomas Aquinas, Mfantsipim, Aggrey Memorial, Bolgatanga SHS and others to contest in prelims
Transgender is a mental health condition – Expert
Shatta Wale could be charged for publication of false information – Justice Abdulai