Audio By Carbonatix
A 36-year-old mason wept uncontrollably while being led by the police to begin a 25-year jail term at the Kumasi Central Prison for defiling a seven-year-old girl on two occasions.
The cry of Kwaku Kyei, the mason, was so loud that it attracted a crowd which initially appeared sympathetic but on learning that he had been jailed for defiling an infant, told the police, “oh take him away”.
Kyei pleaded guilty to defilement and the court, presided over by Mr. D.W.P. Amedior, sentenced him on his own plea when he appeared in court last Friday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Regina Addo- Yobo, prosecuting, told the court that Kyei, who lived in the same house at Akyeremade in Kumasi with the victim’s parents, used to send the little girl whenever he needed something.
According to the prosecution, Kyei in February, this year, invited the girl under the pretext of sending her but forcibly had sex with her.
Two weeks after, the prosecution said Kyei invited the girl and defile her again.
The girl’s mother, according to the prosecutor, noticed some changes in her daughter’s walking some days later and on examination, discovered that some rashes had developed in her private part.
DSP Addo-Yobo said the victim was sent to a hospital where it was detected that she had been defiled, and when questioned, she mentioned Kyei.
On hearing that the case had been reported to the police, the prosecution continued, Kyei fled to Kenyase, in the Brong-Ahafo Region, where he committed the same offence and was arrested by the Jachie Police which handed him over to the Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit in Kumasi.
After investigations, he was charged with the offence and put before court.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Persons with disabilities are not objects of pity — Volta Social Welfare Director urges mindset shift
4 minutes -
Burkina Faso attack: Desist from sharing gory images of victims – Muntaka
17 minutes -
Political scientist supports NDC dual-role directive, calls for legal backing
28 minutes -
GH¢5.7bn haemorrhage: Ghana’s tomato crisis exposed as Chamber of Agribusiness unveils 2030 rescue plan
32 minutes -
Fifi Kwetey slams opponents of directive on dual roles as ‘greedy’ and ‘mercenaries’
57 minutes -
Analyst condemns victim-shaming in Russian exploitation saga
57 minutes -
Ghana’s Blue Economy in 2026: Taking actions now, leveraging blue resources for sustainable growth
1 hour -
I was once a ‘Bob no rank’; Everybody will have their turn — Afenyo to TESCON members
1 hour -
Tony Aidoo urges NDC to focus on policy communication, not personal praise for Mahama
1 hour -
Akuafoɔ Anidasoɔ: A new dawn for Ghana’s farmers
2 hours -
NTC announces eligibility criteria and registration details for 2026 GTLE 1
2 hours -
No public land to be allocated without minister’s prior approval – Armah-Buah announces sweeping reforms to protect state lands
2 hours -
Ashanti Regional Minister inaugurates spatial planning committees, unveils plan to restore Kumasi’s green glory
2 hours -
St Thomas Aquinas SHS hit by infrastructure deficit; appeals for key facilities
2 hours -
Minority alleges gov’t plot to divert attention from cocoa price cut debate
3 hours
