Lionel Messi must wait to make his much-anticipated debut for Paris St-Germain after being left out for Friday’s Ligue 1 game at Brest.
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner, 34, joined PSG on a free transfer last week after leaving Barcelona because of their financial difficulties.
He has yet to play a game since winning the Copa America with Argentina – but is in full training with PSG.
Forward Neymar and defender Sergio Ramos miss out as well.
Boss Mauricio Pochettino said Messi had “settled in well” and there was a “good atmosphere in the squad”.
The ex-Tottenham manager played down rumours that France forward Kylian Mbappe will join Real Madrid this summer.
“Mbappe is our player and I want him to be here this season,” said Pochettino.
“He has another year left on his contract. Even if he doesn’t renew it, he is still a PSG player and we are very pleased with him, and from what I can understand he is pleased with us.
“He is very calm and preparing well for tomorrow’s game.”
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
- NSMQ 2021 national championship starts today
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
15 Assembly members and others granted bail for cursing Regional Minister
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura
Government provides funds to complete first phase of KNUST Teaching Hospital
I want to wear the jersey of Kotoko – Asamoah Gyan hints at possible last dance with ‘childhood’ club
Ofori-Atta to present 2022 Budget on Nov. 17
Prayer camps should be incentivised to bring breast cancer patients to hospital – Okoe Boye
South Sudan Sports Minister calls on Executive Director of National Service Scheme
‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Provide strategic direction to IGP to build a professional service – Akufo-Addo charges Police Council
Inter-ministerial AU-ECOWAS Consultative workshop on implementing CSVRA, CSVMS opens in Accra
‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
New Vice-Chancellor appeals to Akufo-Addo to help clear UG’s loans
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Anyimadu-Antwi backs Speaker’s decision to make sitting public