His first goal was a header from an Angel di Maria cross and for his second he swept home Achraf Hakimi’s cross.
But the headlines will be about 34-year-old Messi, who came on moments after that second goal.
Tickets for the game were being resold for about 6,000 euros after Reims sold over 20,000 tickets for the Stade Auguste-Delaune match. Before Messi’s signing only about 6,000 had been sold.
Their purchasers may have been disappointed to see Messi only named on the bench – although he got an ovation as he warmed up, with fans chanting his name, and an even bigger one when he came on.
He played some nice passes and was involved in good link-up play, drawing several fouls. However he had few touches in the penalty area and no shooting opportunities.
Messi had missed the first few games for PSG since his free transfer move following his exit from Barcelona. This was his first game since winning the Copa America with Argentina in July.
He joined Barcelona as a 13-year-old and scored a record 672 goals in 778 games for the club.
He has won six Ballons d’Or – also a record – and is considered one of the greatest footballers ever.
- There’s no space for 499 students at Ghana Law School – Akufo-Addo
- We don’t pay our taxes to Aflao Chief – Ablakwa tells Akufo-Addo
- Medikal reportedly arrested for brandishing a gun
- Henry Quartey initially didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister – Akufo-Addo
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
- Ghana would’ve been buried if Covid-19 broke out under NDC’s tenure – Akufo-Addo
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Akufo-Addo must apologise to Aflao Chief – Ketu South MP
- World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
LiMAP-GH partners four institutions to screen women in Tarkwa for cancer
Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
NaaKay of Nkasei Fame re-brands as ‘Afro Yesus’
Accra High Court endorses closure of Obengfo Hospital
Hearts of Oak arrive in Morocco ahead of Wydad encounter
Womanising, drug abuse cause downfall of many local musicians – Bob Pinodo
Establish legal education reform commission over GSL mass failures – Minority Leader to Akufo-Addo
Ghana’s education must meet dictates of fourth revolution – Minister
Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
Insurance industry stakeholders declare August as blood donation month
Zeroing of Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levies to begin in November – NPA
Education Ministry Audit unit lauded for its good financial management practices
STC struggling to cope with increasing cost of fuel – Nana Akomea
We can build Ghana through industrialisation – Lands Minister