A 35-year-old miner who was arrested by the Nkawie police for possessing a gun at Amanchia, in the Amansie West District has been remanded into police custody by the Nkawie circuit court.
Ibrahim Adams was arrested when the police patrol team on the Nkawie-Amanchia road found a locally manufactured pistol in his bag during a search on passengers in the commercial vehicle, he was travelling in.
His plea was not taken and would reappear before the court presided by Mr Johnson Abbey, on November 20, this year.
Police Inspector Ruth Gborson told the court that the complainant was a police officer.
He said on November 1, this year, while the complainant and his colleagues were on patrols on the Nkawie-Amnachia road, they stopped a Nissan Urvan bus with registration number AC 1562-17 and decided to search the bags of the passengers.
Inspector Gborson said the complainant found the pistol in the personal bag of the suspect and he was arrested.
He admitted ownership of the gun and after further investigations, he was charged and brought before the court.
- ‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- ‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
- I was sued for instituting reforms at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital – Okoe Boye reveals
- Chinese students sue Apple for not including a charger with the iPhone 12
- Akufo-Addo presents 50 vehicles to army; cuts sod for $24.8m housing project
- ‘The power of the people is stronger than the people in power’ – Alban Bagbin
- Police secures order to refer husband of missing woman, Rhodaline Amoah for psychiatric exams
- 29 in court for assaulting Police officers in Ada
- A woman pope? Meet the feminists trying to save the Catholic Church
- I carried the cross for my family, it must end with me – Breast cancer survivor
The GPL headline sponsor conundrum: Why GFA should have to reduce $1 million valuation
World Cup Qualifiers: Onana back in Cameroon squad for Malawi and Ivory Coast
‘He blew us away’ – Cagliari coach lauds youngster Afena Gyan
GFA announces a ‘No Vaccination, No Entry’ policy for its events
Covid-19: Ghana’s active cases now 1,817
Sudan army sacks six envoys as coup condemnation grows
Sudan coup: World Bank suspends aid after military takeover
Education Ministry terminates 27 of Mahama’s E-block contracts
Defaulters of ‘Operation Clean Your Frontage’ will get 1-year imprisonment – Henry Quartey
Benin bronze: ‘Looted’ Nigerian sculpture being returned by university
Extensively read contracts before signing a deal – Becca to colleague singers
Pope Francis to visit Canada for indigenous reconciliation
Useless column with Mawuli Zogbenu: ‘I dodged the left breast’
Kenya nurses fail English test for UK jobs
Liverpool plan to make Salah highest earner revealed, as contract claims rubbished