A 20-year-old motor rider who knocked down a 75-year-old woman with his uninsured motorbike has been sentenced to pay a fine of ¢1,800 by an Adentan Circuit Court.
Sedorm Koto, in default, would serve six months’ imprisonment.
Koto was held over charges of careless and inconsiderate driving, riding a motorbike without a license and riding without an insurance certificate.
The charges were preferred against him based on the advice of the Attorney General.
He pleaded guilty to all the charges and pleaded with the court presided over by Sedinam Awo Balokah to have mercy on him.
Police Inspector Gloria Ansaa Ayim, who held the brief of Superintendent of Police Patience Mario, said on September 15, last year, Koto was driving his motorbike with registration number M-20-VD-1053 from Dodowa to Madina.
Prosecution said on reaching an intersection at Adenta Washing Bay, Koto did not exercise due care and he knocked down one Comfort Have.
According to the Prosecutor, the victim was rushed to the Legon Hospital and she was treated and discharged on September 25, last year.
However, in October last year, Madam Have’s relation called the Police informing them that about 6 am on the same day, the victim fell unconscious and she was rushed to the Dodowa Government Hospital but she was later pronounced dead.
Prosecution autopsy conducted on the deceased that she died of hemorrhagic stroke and hypertensive heart disease.
The Prosecutor said when the docket was forwarded to the Attorney General’s office, it recommended that the above charges should be preferred against Koto.
- Nurses, midwives and relatives saw my son as a girl – Mother of transgender recounts
- Anti-LGBTQ Bill: We are making it a crime for anybody to attack any known gay person- Dafeamekpor
- Cape Coast MCE confirmed amidst chaos
- Funeral rites for Ama Benyiwa-Doe slated for December 17, 18
- Proscribed lamps removed from 1418 vehicles in one week – NRSA
- Reality zone with Vicky Wereko: No quarantine, doors open – UK says you may come, but……
- Nick Opoku: Fact checking the CNN interview with Ghanaian MP over proposed Anti-gay bill in Ghana
- Adventist Church donates GH₵200k in support of National Cathedral
- Chaos at Cape Coast MCE confirmation shameful – Local governance expert
- Two children found dead in broken-down vehicle at Alajo
Huge salary difference between civil servants and article 71 office holders unfair – Oliver Baker-Vormawor
CAF Champions League: Isaac Mensah gives Hearts narrow win in 1st leg against Wydad
President, Asantehene honoured for dedicated services to humanity
Chilwell praises Chelsea’s resilience in victory over Brentford
Reconfigure regions into administrative provinces to drive development – Oliver Barker-Vormawor
Two Minority MPs in Cape Coast reject MCE’s confirmation
ADB disburses ¢100 million to 17 companies to promote 1D1F
President to tour Central Region
Chaos at Cape Coast MCE confirmation shameful – Local governance expert
Cape Coast MCE confirmed amidst chaos
Adventist Church donates GH₵200k in support of National Cathedral
We’ll put our stamp on the Western Region in 2024 – Asiedu Nketia vows
#Shattabration trends on social media as Shatta Wale celebrates his birthday
‘Talk is cheap’ – Mahama jabs NPP government
Two children found dead in broken-down vehicle at Alajo