The one-week observation for Mary Affo Danyi, the mother of Jomoro Member of Parliament (MP), Dorcas Affo-Toffey, has been held.
The solemn ceremony took place on Saturday, September 18, 2021, at Trassaco Valley in Accra.
Scores of colleague MPs including; Joyce Tetteh; MP for North Dayi, Patrick Yaw Boamah; MP for Okaikwei Central, Samia Yaaba Nkrumah – Former MP for Jomoro, and Lawyer Edudzi Temaklo were present to mourn with her.
Others were Rashid Pelpuo, Comfort Doyoe, Alhasan S. Suhuyini, John Jinapor, James Gyakye Quayson, Teddy Nana Yaw Addy, Mrs Sati Lee Ocran, and Hassan Ayariga.
The rest were Mrs Regina Agyekum, gospel musicians Jack Alolomi and Obaapa Christy who were sympathisers in soul-lifting ministrations.
Jomoro constituency executives and other party faithful were also in attendance to commiserate with the family as well as Pastor Isaac Asare Dokye of Impact House Chapel and Apostle Steve K. Badu of Golden Censor Ministries.
Madam Affo passed on on Saturday, September 4, 2021, an incident the MP described as the saddest day of her life, adding it felt like doomsday upon her life.
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- 37th ICAG Graduation Ceremony: female UEW graduate adjudged overall best candidate
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- Madina MP leads constituents to demonstrate over deplorable roads
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
Covid-19: Ghana’s death toll rises to 1,172
Re-nominated DCE of Adaklu fails second attempt
Treason: We don’t want to fail, it must happen – Dr Mac Palm
Message from the Morning Man: Pay for Pain
Stop begging for arrested criminals – Police to Politicians
SYND-Ghana hosts Pre-COP26 Youth Summit on climate change
There was about 1million vote difference between presidential and parliamentary results – Otokunor alleges
I blame EC for the 8 deaths recorded in 2020 elections – Otokunor
Delay in sanctioning culprits for deaths recorded in 2020 election worrying – Dr Pumpuni Asante
Ballot stuffing claims by NDC ‘bogus’ – Peter Mac Manu
EC reducing cost of elections per voter to $7.70 incorrect – Peter Otokunor
Streaming platforms do not properly represent massive support we give to our local musicians – Kwame Berko
2021 AFCON: Teams can have up to 28 players in squad
Confederation Cup is an opportunity for us to redeem themselves – Opare Addo
We reject Mahama’s scoring of 2020 elections as one of the worst – EC