A fetish priest has explained that the third runner-up of the Miss Commonwealth pageant admitted to stealing the ¢500 she was accused of in his house.
Togbe Sitor told the host of Adom FM’s Entertainment Hall, Mike 2, that Nana Ama Essien apologised when she was found to have stolen the money and promised never to repeat her actions again.
On Tuesday, Nana Ama Essien, 24, who emerged as Miss Role Model in the pageant shared a chilling account of how she was allegedly tortured over a missing GH¢500.
Nana Ama said she was dragged to Togbe Shito’s shrine at Kukurantumi near Koforidua in the Eastern region where she was taken through “trial by ordeal.”
She claimed that she was tortured after an egg she was given to throw on a hard surface did not break.
However, the fetish priest denied torturing anyone in his premises.
He told Mic 2 that Nana Ama might have twisted the story and faked the injuries.
Togbe Sitor added that alongside Nana Ama, one other guy was also found to have allegedly stolen a cloth but after they only apologised and were let go.
Meanwhile, Nana Ama told Merqury Quaye on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM on Wednesday that to get Togbe Sitor to stop torturing her, she had to admit to stealing the money.
Photo: Nana Ama Essien’s skin was full of abrasion from her ordeal
The police have since picked up the organiser of the pageant as well as the fetish priest to commence investigations.
He stated that the two were granted bail on Tuesday, October 15.
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
Travis Barker celebrates Kourtney Kardashian on her birthday
DKB solicits funds on behalf of Akuapem Poloo
We set out to protect lives and property – Ghana Police Service on arresting hooligans at match centres
Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
Super League won’t go ahead after English clubs withdraw
Super League: Liverpool owner John W Henry apologises to fans
GNAT asks government to release textbooks based on new curriculum for teachers and pupils
World reacts to death of Chad President Idriss Deby
Senyo Hosi: When shall we breathe?
Meet 2 life-changing health professionals in Northern Ghana
The beauty ideal fuelling an illicit drugs trade
Dental trauma: What to know and what to do
Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
Meet the midwife driving a ‘Wooden Door Ambulance’ to save lives
Egyptian railways boss sacked after deadly crash