Ghanaian highlife musician and producer, Bisa Kdei has lost his mother.
The musician’s mother, Josephine Bruce died on Wednesday, August 19 at the Cocoa Clinic in North Kaneshie, Accra.
Although the cause of death is unknown, the 57-year-old was reported to have been battling with an undisclosed ailment for some time.
She was survived by eight children.
The death is a big blow to the musician who repeatedly said his mother was the backbone of his career.
He said on twitter: “Mother was always there for us Chale.”
Bisa Kdei's mother passed away barely house after he released the video of his new single, “Mansa”.
Singer Rebecca Acheampong, known on stage as Becca, consoling the musician, urged him to be strong.
“When sorrows like seas billows roll, whatever my Lord hath thought me to say it is well with my soul @bisa_kdei sorry about mum …shattered,” she said.
- Don’t fall for the drama; NDC has cut a deal with NPP to pass 2022 budget – Ernesto Yeboah alleges
- Speaker Bagbin is not an MP, but I am – Joseph Osei Owusu defends approval of 2022 budget
- Parliament sets up 20-member Committee to resolve impasse over 2022 budget
- Minority Caucus has betrayed Ghanaians again, joined Akufo-Addo’s Kabuki dance – Martin Amidu
- Kaneshie District Court rescinds bench warrant issued against Francis-Xavier Sosu
- 2022 Budget: Why Parliament was suspended for 1 hour on December 1
- Parliament apologises for chaotic scenes in the House
- Approval of 2022 budget: It would’ve been a full-blown conflict if Minority were in the chamber – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Economic Fighters League will contest 2024 elections – Ernesto Yeboah
- Asantehene requests expedited efforts to curb power crises in the Ashanti Region
MHRA approves Xevudy (sotrovimab), a COVID-19 treatment found to cut hospitalisation and death by 79%
Pan-African Writers Association to launch a book in honour of Rawlings
What are the symptoms of Omicron?
Fourth wave takes off in South Africa
2021 NSMQ Champions, Prempeh College presents trophy to Asantehene
South Africa Covid-19 infections double since Monday
NSMQ2021: Prof. Kaufmann challenges female SHS to be more proactive
Re: Daniel Ofori vs Ecobank and others
12 women in court for using ‘juju’ to stop road construction
9 expert-backed strategies to handle rejection from a guy
Parliament sets up 20-member Committee to resolve impasse over 2022 budget
Kwabena Kwabena to perform at ‘Popular But Broke’ comedy special
19-year-old jailed 4 years for stabbing teacher
Councillor Maria Lovell calls for a National Kente Day in Ghana
Parliament apologises for chaotic scenes in the House