The Campaign team of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the Nadowli West Constituency has said they would use all legitimate means to ensure that no electoral fraud is perpetrated in the constituency during the December 7 polls.
The campaign team in a statement copied to the Ghana News Agency at Wa on Thursday said they had received reports that one of the Parliamentary candidates for the constituency was allegedly sponsoring candidates in other constituencies to transfer their votes to Nadowli West.
They said all transfer of voters to the constituency was being closely monitored to ensure that they conform to the Electoral Commission’s regulation 20 and 23.
In that respect, only applicants who had resided in the constituency for a minimum of two months were eligible to transfer their votes to the constituency and a proof of residence according to the NPP would be required before they are allowed to vote.
The Nadowli West NPP campaign team advised individuals who do not meet the criteria set by the Electoral Commission but had been recruited by politicians to perpetrate electoral fraud on the people of the constituency to abstain from that agenda in their own interest.
“We shall resist with all our might and strength all manner of illegalities or fraud that has the potential of subverting the will of our people”.
They called on all stakeholders in the constituency to keep their eyes and minds fixed on the election processes and ensure that nobody adopted indecent and unlawful tactics to subvert the will of the people.
- Accra is second most expensive city in the world – Survey
- Complete abandoned E-block if you are frustrated – Akufo-Addo tells Aflao chief
- Shatta Wale remanded in police custody for one week
- Lil Win unites with Funny Face at Kaneshie District Court
- Kofi Kinaata drops visuals for Thy Grace singles
- Google agrees to integrate Ghana’s GPS into Google map system – Bawumia
- Ambassador to Italy, Eudora Quartey-Koranteng has died
- ‘I made a mistake’ – Akufo-Addo apologises for Cape Coast harbour comment
- Prof Nana Aba Appiah Amfo is 1st female Vice-Chancellor of University of Ghana
- Ursula Owusu-Ekuful could be NPP’s running mate in 2024 – Kwesi Pratt hints
Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
Onion Sellers Association thank Akufo-Addo for relocation to Adjen Kotoku
World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
Stop conniving with foreign tile makers to shortchange Ghana – Mireku Duker to illegal clay miners
What makes a successful entrepreneur? – SamBoad Group CEO tells young Ghanaians
OccupyGhana’s letter to Special Prosecutor on unconstitutional time extension for public officers’ assets/liabilities declaration
MTN Group receives recognition on Fortune’s Change the World list
Ghanaian teachers are among the best in the world – Yaw Adutwum
Exports, fixed investment to contribute 0.8% to GDP in 2021 – Report
Fire guts house at Kwamo
Africa Makeup Fair, Awards slated for November
Pornhub owner settles with Girls Do Porn victims over videos
Paris Hilton pushes for US youth care abuse reform
Tax cheat schemes cost governments billions
Apple unveils new computer chips amid shortage