The Kumasi Central Prisons has received a donation worth GHC20,000 from the immediate past president of commerce.
The donation comes as a support for the upkeep of inmates in the prison.
Immediate Past President of Commerce, Nana Appiagyei Dankawoso I, made the donations to prison in celebration of his 55th birthday anniversary.
The kind gesture forms part of his annual initiative to provide social support for the vulnerable in society.
“It’s our responsibility as Christians to help others.
“The Bible admonishes us to love God and our neighbors. Let’s show love.
“I appeal to churches and individuals to come donate at the prison in celebration of their birthdays or other commemorations.
“Just a token will suffice to provide support to the prison,” he said.
He is appealing to the general public including churches and other social groups to support the facility in any capacity.
Items donated at the brief ceremony includes toiletries, buckets, and canopies to provide shade for inmates.
Deputy Director of Prison, Kwesi Asamoah Fenning received the donation and expressed gratitude on behalf of the prison.
“On behalf of the inmates, the officers, and myself, thank you very much. It’s my prayer that the good Lord will continue to increase you so that you can come back to do more of this donation,” he said.
The Kumasi Central Prison houses close to 1,900 inmates within its precinct with limited resources for the upkeep of inmates.
Officers at the prison are therefore calling on social groups to support the facility.
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
- I resigned from Shatta Movement when Shatta Wale started misbehaving – Ken Addy
Parliament resumes sitting on Oct. 26
EU wants Sudan’s transition ‘back on track’
Twelve injured in Khartoum clashes – reports
Master act of controlling the pressure -Former NSMQ winner advises contestants as finals begin on Oct. 26
GPL: Five substitutes allowed for 2021/22 season
UN calls for release of Sudan civilian leaders
It’s an exciting time to be an entrepreneur if you’re discipline, commitment – UMB MD
Signs of Sudan’s coup build-up have been clear
Top 10 non-traditional exports up 15% to $273m in quarter 2 2021
John Boadu: NPP tribute in memory of Hajia Mariama Bawumia
Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
Coup reports ‘major blow’ to Sudan transition – Human Rights Watch
CBOD calls on government to fix deplorable road network in petroleum management and storage area in Tema
World Bank outlines comprehensive debt solutions for countries with high debt
Akufo-Addo to launch alternative employment and livelihood programme today