There is tension mounting in the Ketu South Constituency in the Volta Region following the appearance of a banner purported to be from supporters of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) popped up a New Patriotic Party (NPP) regional rally ground.
The banner with the inscription "Ghanaian residents in Togo are not Togolese, they have rights just like those in the UK" has been fixed at Denu junction where the candidate of the NPP flagbearer, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is billed to address the party's supporters later.
Joy News has gathered that there were earlier banners hanging at vantage points along the major streets of Aflao welcoming Nana Akufo-Addo to Togo.
One of the earlier banners which had the inscription "Ketu South Welcomes Nana Akufo Addo, Bawumia and the NPP to the republic of Togo. We are Ghanaians, not Togolese" was removed by some NPP supporters in the early hours of Sunday.
The removal of the banners, however, caused some confusion in the constituency as NDC supporters and NPP supporters clashed at the site of these banners. It took the intervention of the police to help restore order.
Scores of party supporters and functionaries are gathering at the Aflao-Avoeme for a rally awaiting the arrival of Nana Akuffo Addo, in the backyard of the 'world bank of the NDC'.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Allegations of bias against Justice Honyenuga unfounded, Opuni trial can proceed – Supreme Court
- Go to IMF for liquidity support; your finances not good – gov’t told
- CAF Confederation Cup: Hearts of Oak drawn with Algeria’s JS Saoura
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Shatta Wale and Medikal each get ¢100k bail
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
New Vice-Chancellor appeals to Akufo-Addo to help clear UG’s loans
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Anyimadu-Antwi backs Speaker’s decision to make sitting public
Man stumbles on mother’s apology letter to father after 28 years
Man stones mother to death in Savannah Region
29 in court for assaulting Police officers in Ada
Sunao Tsuboi: Campaigning Hiroshima survivor dies aged 96
Kufuor Scholars offered scholarship at MountCrest University College
While you disregard your own laws, be mindful of the dire consequences – Isaac Adongo to BoG Governor
‘I still feel traumatised by my experiences in EC’s strong room’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Parliament’s deliberation over Anti-LGBTQ bill could travel into 2022 – Sam George
MTN rewards customers with 5 Hyundai Sonatas under MTN @25 promo
Stacy Maweunam Amewoyi’s ‘Africa And The African’ raises questions about the continent’s fate
Facebook earns $9bn despite whistleblower scandal
UG to provide students, staff with laptops – New Vice-Chancellor announces