Audio By Carbonatix
The Former President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, has extended a special invitation to the Black Stars of Ghana at his home for an interaction on Saturday July 3.
The Black Stars are the sole survivors for Africa at the ongoing FIFA World cup in South Africa following the exit of the other five nations.
The Black Stars became the third African Nation after Cameroon and Senegal to make it to the quarter finals in the history of the World Cup.
In the wake of their success so far at the tournament, Mandela is said to be impressed with the team’s performance and has therefore invited the team to visit him in Cape Town.
In an interview with Citi FM the Minister of Youth and Sports, Akua Sena Dansua, who confirmed the news said the Black Stars would be transported to Cape Town in a chartered flight organized by authorities of Port Elizabeth.
“I am informed that the municipality of Port Elizabeth has offered to bring the Black Stars to Cape Town on Saturday where they would have an interaction with the former President of South Africa, Mr Nelson Mandela”.
The sports minister also revealed that the ruling ANC in South Africa has also invited the Black Stars on Thursday July 1 for a presentation.
“We understand also that the ANC has also invited the Stars for a presentation on Thursday but we don’t know whether it is in the form of a citation or cash”
Meanwhile several South African provinces have also announced that their citizens should from today, Thursday June 30, wear the national colours of Ghana to support the Black Stars in their quarter final match against Uruguay on Friday July 2.
Source: Citifmonline
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
COMAC and CBOD hint at strike over illegal diversion of LPG Fund to GCMC
6 minutes -
Women of Valour 2026 launched as survivors share abuse stories
7 minutes -
Smuggled cooking oil bust aimed at protecting Ghana’s economy—GRA boss
20 minutes -
Mamprobi Polyclinic baby theft suspect to appear in court
33 minutes -
Prudential Bank, Rana Motors, power music, culture and community at The Blend Festival 2026
36 minutes -
True love found again: Davisson-Konu recounts reunion with JHS sweetheart
36 minutes -
Kwadaso MCE leads drive to strengthen TVET education in Ashanti region
38 minutes -
Dr Ishmael Norman urges Nitiwul to apologise over ‘unfair’ remarks on Ghana’s defence strength
41 minutes -
John Dumelo to provide free cocoa drinks to Basic School Pupils in Ayawaso West
43 minutes -
Mfantsipim sets out five-pillar reform agenda ahead of 150th anniversary
44 minutes -
World Cup 2026: Ghana-England match in limbo
45 minutes -
Gov’t releases GH₵855m to pay cocoa farmers as Majority backs sweeping reforms to revive COCOBOD
52 minutes -
Burkina Faso attack: Nitiwul urges government to appoint Defence Minister
56 minutes -
Roads Ministry to take over COCOBOD projects amid GH¢26bn commitments — Adongo
56 minutes -
Old Tafo MP drags deputy COCOBOD CEO to CHRAJ over conflict of interest
1 hour
