The Member of Parliament for Yendi, Farouk Aliu Mahama has indicated that the newly renovated Emergency Trauma Centre at the Yendi Hospital will serve as a referral center for most of the districts in the Eastern Corridor of the Northern Region.
He named the Gushegu, Chereponi, Bimbilla, Kpandai, Zabzugu, Tatale, Saboba, Karaga and a host of other districts as those that will rely on the Yendi Municipal Hospital as their referral point.
Alhaji Farouk said this when he joined Mission 3:18 and Global Missions to commission an ultra-modern Emergency and Trauma Centre at the Yendi Municipal Hospital.
He said the latest move spearheaded by the global missions and Mission 3:18, supported by his office and other stakeholders to undertake the major project in the health care infrastructure in Yendi, “perfectly sits well with his New Yendi City vision, a vision to aggressively transform the Yendi Constituency into a modern city status.”
Alhaji Farouk said when he assumed office as Member of Parliament for Yendi Constituency, “he set out on a singular effort to revive, refurbish and re-equip the Yendi Hospital Mortuary after the unit had broken down for about two decades.”
The MP for Yendi said he also had wind of the need for a new Emergency and Trauma Centre, which he immediately got on board to start work, adding that with their collective effort, the facility is up today.
Alhaji Farouk added that together, they will transform the Yendi Hospital to an ultra-modern status that will serve both the primary and secondary essential health needs of the people in the Eastern Corridor.
He said he is committed to working with all development-oriented entities, public or private, to build the New Yendi City.
Alhaji Farouk expressed gratitude to the Global Missions and Resources Centre, Mission 3:18 and other stakeholders for their kindness and generosity showed the people of Yendi.
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- No ‘Closed Season’ for artisanal fishers if NDC wins power in 2024 – Mahama
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We were told he’s busy – National Film Authority reacts to Spike Lee’s comments
- New James Bond story ‘On His Majesty’s Secret Service’ commissioned to celebrate King Charles’ coronation
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Gwyneth Paltrow awarded $1 and cleared of fault over ski crash
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Anny Osabutey: At what point do we call ourselves a sovereign nation?
- Absa Group announces net zero targets as part of Broader Sustainability/Sustainable Finance Goals
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Avoiding the new marketing myopia – returning marketing to its noble roots
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone accuses him of smuggling
- Playback: Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Adomaa opens up about battle with depression
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead