GhanaThink Foundation, a think-tank that mobilizes and deploys talents, is set to host a Barcamp in Upper East regional capital, Bolgatanga.
The event dubbed Barcamp Bolga 2014 will take place on October 11, 2014 at the SSNIT Conference Hall in Bolgatanga. The Barcamp is a free networking forum bringing people together for a day of discussion, demos and dialogue.
The theme for this year is “Igniting passion to achieve excellence”. The Barcamp Bolga hopes to assemble stakeholders in Bolga to network, build a supportive enterprising community and partner to build together.
The GhanaThink Foundation has successfully organized 34 Barcamps in Ghana as part of its Barcamp Ghana program since 2008. Barcamp Bolga 2014, is the first of its kind to showcase entrepreneurs and innovators in the Upper East region.
“Discussions will center on developing various business and industry sectors in Bolgatanga and the Upper East region. It will be an event for many people who live and are interested in Bolgatanga to learn, share and network with,” a statement issued by the Foundation said.
The Barcamp will feature multiple user-generated breakout sessions about business, social entrepreneurship, technology and development, alongside topics relevant to the Upper East Region and beyond, it added. There will also be a speed mentoring session where mentors will give insights and answers to questions from attendees.
Confirmed resource personnel include Agana Bawa (Media man), Dr. Rockibel Adature (Motivational speaker), Kancha Joseph (Entrepreneur), Chris Akoba (Proprietor), George Afari (1st National Bank), Albert Azongo (Journalist) and Hassan Hamadu, the statement noted.
Director of GhanaThink, Ato Ulzen-Appiah said: “Barcamp Bolga is happening because a number of people attended Barcamps around Ghana and want Bolgatanga to be a part of building this network”. “Tanga means rock and this event will be a rock on which a people who are passionate, patriotic, proactive, positive, progressive and productive will be built. Join us to move the Upper East Region and Ghana forward.”
Interest persons have been urged to register at the Barcamp Bolga eventbrite website (barcampbolga14.eventbrite.com) or text "Barcamp Bolga [name] [email address] to 1945 through any mobile network. Barcamp Bolga 2014 is sponsored by Inform Ghana, Blogging Ghana, Nandimobile, with Ura Radio & Spy Ghana as the media partners.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- You can now travel across Morocco on Africa’s First High-speed train
- 3 persons arrested in connection with attack on Asiwa police chief
- Pantang Hospital JHS pupil wins Aspire to Bee spelling competition
- 'Dead' man turns up two months after burial
- Asiwa police chief shot, in critical condition
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs