The Ridge Part at Danyame in Kumasi bubbled with excitement on Saturday as hundreds turned up to partake in this year’s Nhyira FM Keep-fit and Family Fun Games.
The annual brought together over 60 clubs and societies from Ashanti region and beyond to compete in various disciplines amid fanfare.
Participants competed in track and field activities including volleyball, 50-meter dash, with weight lifting as the biggest attraction, all backed by cheer songs (jama) for which they won prizes.
Some of Ghana’s finest musicians performed at the event to the delight of patrons.
M.Y. Ventures Keepfit Club emerged overall winners of the competition.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall
- Photo of the week: The Bawumia reminder
- Protest erupts over terrible Hohoe roads
- Public universities deliberately crippling private ones - Prof. Adow Obeng
- Unilever launches livelihood empowerment project for women in Upper West
- Demo in Nsuta after truck driver kills teenager
- Joy News' presenters help free 'arrested' RTI coalition member
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018