Weight-lifting will provide the biggest attraction to this year’s Nhyira FM Keep-fit and Family Fun Games slated for Saturday, 14th November, 2015.
Euphoria around the annual event is already fever-pitch as participating clubs in the Ashanti Region psyche themselves up for the biggest sporting meet of the year.
It brings together clubs and societies to compete in various disciplines amid fanfare.
Nearly 60 keep-fit and fan clubs have so far registered, with more expected to come on board in the coming days for this year’s event which comes off at the Ridge Park, Danyame.
They will compete in track and field activities including volleyball, 50-meter dash, weight lifting, all backed by cheer songs (jama) for which they win prizes.
As preparations gather momentum, registered clubs have been giving hints of what is up their sleeves with in-studio performances.
The biggest attraction is the cheer songs, popularly known as ‘jama’, accompanied by drumming and dancing.
Programmes Manager of Nhyira Fm, Benjamin Fiifi Ocran, explains weight-lifting is being given prominence in this year’s edition.
There will be a contest for heavily built men to select ‘Man Ashanti 2015’.
Officials of lead sponsors, MY Ventures and Rocare Clinic Limited, are excited to be part of the keep-fit games.
Popular musicians and some stars are billed to perform at the event.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking
- KNUST: Teacher unions restore suspended services
- Government accused of distributing expiring fertilizers to farmers
- Give Me Hope Foundation partners Alfie Design to train women in deprived c'nities
- Japanese passport now world's most powerful
- Ghana, Qatar sign 5 Memoranda of Understanding
- 95-year-old man wakes up at his own funeral, says he was just taking a nap
- Dagbon youth fight to keep Chereponi out of new region
- Update: KNUST reopens Friday
- EC Commissioner goes soul-winning at Accra Mall
- 'Time to possess nations' -The Church Of Pentecost unveils 5-year vision
- Ghana Library Authority revives 20-yr broken union with Book Aid Int.
- Govt will sustain free SHS funding - GES Director-General