The presidential candidate of the New Patriotic Party, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has urged Muslims, on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, to pray for peace and prosperity for the nation.
This was contained in an Eid-ul-Fitr message to Muslims as they mark the end of Ramadan.
Below is a copy of the full statement
AKUFO-ADDO’S EID-UL-FITR MESSAGE TO MUSLIMS
On the occasion of the celebration of the Eid-ul-Fitr festival, I extend fraternal greetings of peace and blessings to the Muslim Community in Ghana and the world over.
Eid-ul-Fitr is a celebration of one month of devotion and obedience to the will of Allah. Over the course of the month, Muslims have cultivated and inculcated the spirit of good, and strived to defeat the spirit of vice.
I pray that these values continue to permeate every area of our national life, so we can defeat the ills that plague our society.
On the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, I urge all Muslims to please pray for the peace and prosperity of our nation. Pray for Allah to choose for Ghana, in this election year, a leadership of commitment, competence, and compassion.
I wish you well, as you celebrate Eid ul-Fitr.
Barka da Salla!
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Goil supports needy tertiary students
- Mortuary workers to strike over unfavourable working conditions
- Gov't does not have what it takes to sustain Free SHS programme - Prof. Aryeetey
- Motorists appeal to government to fix street lights
- That's My Opinion: Is Free SHS for votes or for development?
- We used rubber bullets on Adentan protestors not live ammunition – Police
- KNUST primary teachers strike
- Petition for removal of Chief Justice sent to President
- Patrons ask for more of Luv FM-Golden Tulip Bridal Fair
- More classroom, dormitories from $1.5bn GETFund facility - Akufo-Addo
- Addis Ababa to host Ethio-Ghana Trade & Finance Conference in April 2019
- Ghanaian launches '100 Laptop Give Away Project' for African students
- Free SHS: Minister justifies aggregate 30s in ‘big’ schools
- Ghana will lose pride of place as best performing WASSCE country – Ablakwa fears
- 2019 Suzuki Jimny hits Ghanaian market