A traumatized couple has adopted spiritual intelligence in their search for their missing 3-year-old daughter, Shalom, who is feared to have drowned in last Thursday's flood in Tema.
Wearing black, Christiana Obenewaa told Adom News’ Kwame Yankah, her husband has consulted a deity in Tema who claims the body of Shalom Kyeraa has been washed into the sea.
But the 26-year-old mother maintained that until the body is found she will not believe her daughter is dead. "I don't know if she is dead or alive but until I see her, I won't believe she is dead", she said.
Shalom was washed away in high-velocity flood waters last Thursday, June 9, while she played near a huge uncovered drain with her two-year cousin.
Her mother who sells boiled corn, was in the rain busily attending to customers when her attention was drawn to the incident. She watched in helpless agony as the child petered out of sight.
More than 72 hours after the incident at Tema Community 1, Site 7, the search party is in despair.
A priest at Tema New Town has predicted that Shalom’s body will be washed ashore in three days.
A two-year cousin who is oblivious to the feared tragedy giggled and laughed while recollecting the last sighting of Shalom.
‘Shalom w) gurta ni mu’ (translated Shalom is in the gutter), was all the words the toddler could muster.
Shalom means peace. But the sight of her mother tells a story of restlessness.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- First Atlantic Bank donates Mother and Baby Unit to the Talensi District Hospital
- OtherslikemeGH participates in Total Startupper of the Year Competition
- Gandhi statue on University of Ghana ‘falls’
- Roman Ridge School tops Inter schools Chess tournament
- 'For the dignity of mankind' - Ghanaian who saved life on KLM flight reveals motivation
- “Earthquakes don’t kill, poor buildings do” GSA pushes for L.I.
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- U.S. Embassy issues alert on Dagbon; warns citizens against travelling to town
- Gov’t must secure peace progress as Yendi gets set for Yaa Naas' funerals - Dr Aning
- Real-life Rapunzel hasn’t had a haircut in 28 years
- Ghana named among top 5 destinations in Africa for 2019
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status
- REGSEC meets Abudu, Andani reps ahead of 2 funerals