The Management of the National Service Scheme (NSS) says it has released new placements for the 2015/2016 cohort of national service personnel who applied for the optional six months extension of service announced earlier by the Scheme.
A statement signed by the Acting Executive Director, Dr. Michael Kpessa-Whyte says that the extension placements are mainly to public sector user agencies, educational institutions, Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Assemblies.
According to the statement, service personnel would be required to use their existing NSS numbers to print their new appointment letters from the Scheme’s website and proceed to the various NSS regional secretariats to register before the start of the service extension on October 1, 2016.
The statement emphasizes that service personnel who have been offered the opportunity to do the extension would be required to produce their 2015/2016 NSS I.D. cards and any other form of identification at the registration centres before they would be allowed to register.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: 50-yr 'dead' rail sector will be alive next year - Finance Minister
- Education Ministry promises major facelift for technical universities
- STAR-Ghana Foundation launched to promote active citizenship
- One Stop Center an advantage for abused children - World Future Council
- Update: The Finder editor released
- Juaben Traditional Council hands over 2 flats to police
- 'We don’t care about 2019 budget' – Spare parts dealers
- The Royal Express luxury train is the best way to see Japan
- Reverse Pinocchio – Researchers find that your nose shrinks when you lie
- Today's front pages