President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has paid a visit to 43-year-old abandoned maternity block at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) first began in 1974.
His visit to the imposing structure comes days after JOY NEWS profiled the building in its impact driven, cross platform documentary, "Next to die."
President Akufo-Addo wrote in the visitors book in front of the building that he was "distressed" at what he saw on site and vowed to do something to fix the situation.
Below are some of the pictures:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Inclusion of women in pivotal roles necessary for dev't - Samira Bawumia
- Multimedia Group Limited terminates partnership with ZenoRadio/Media
- K. K. Sarpong does not benefit from or own Fueltrade
- ‘Double track is on track,’ gov’t rips GNECC claims
- Indian man kidnapped for $500,000 ransom found
- Takoradi baby thief jailed 5 yrs
- 'Wanted' Pro-NDC Hawk member stabbed
- Ghana among highest malaria-endemic countries in sub-Saharan Africa — WHO 2018 Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, April 26, 2018
- Education directors ordered to declare teacher vacancies
- 100-year-old shipwreck remains wash up on North Carolina coast
- Gunmen abduct Indian businessman in Kumasi
- Tourists get thrilling Easter experience at Ghana’s top destinations
- Disclosing info on missing Taadi girls dangerous - AG
- We can’t bring Menzgold CEO home just yet – Attorney General