President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has paid a visit to 43-year-old abandoned maternity block at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) first began in 1974.
His visit to the imposing structure comes days after JOY NEWS profiled the building in its impact driven, cross platform documentary, "Next to die."
President Akufo-Addo wrote in the visitors book in front of the building that he was "distressed" at what he saw on site and vowed to do something to fix the situation.
Below are some of the pictures:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Santa on the naughty list after 'swearing at children'
- Anlo youth fight Torgbui Sri III over decision to attend Akwasidae
- The ancient 'gateway to the underworld'
- GCIC graduates, inducts entrepreneurs into its business incubator
- Gov’t urged to incorporate Earth Science into SHS curriculum
- Private tertiary institutions struggling - Pentecost University Rector
- Medical drones: Procurement expert offers critical “clause by clause” analysis of deal
- Accra Ridge Church inducts 2 new ministers into office
- The island that never get full
- Medical drone deal suspension would cause judgment debt – Ayine
- Photo of the week: The moment Rawlings told a hilarious story about seed sowing
- Myjoyonline Week in pictures
- GES urged to reconsider stance against mobile phone use in SHS
- Rawlings calls for environmental vigilantism
- Medical drones: Baako criticises lack of “deliberate engagement” with GMA