President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has paid a visit to 43-year-old abandoned maternity block at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) first began in 1974.
His visit to the imposing structure comes days after JOY NEWS profiled the building in its impact driven, cross platform documentary, "Next to die."
President Akufo-Addo wrote in the visitors book in front of the building that he was "distressed" at what he saw on site and vowed to do something to fix the situation.
Below are some of the pictures:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, June 27, 2019
- 75-year-old widow borrowed from savings and loans firm to build toilet
- Parents name son ‘Google’ hoping it will give him a leg up in life
- Data Protection Commission to probe EC's sale of voters’ information
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General