President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has paid a visit to 43-year-old abandoned maternity block at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) first began in 1974.
His visit to the imposing structure comes days after JOY NEWS profiled the building in its impact driven, cross platform documentary, "Next to die."
President Akufo-Addo wrote in the visitors book in front of the building that he was "distressed" at what he saw on site and vowed to do something to fix the situation.
Below are some of the pictures:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making
- EC received no briefing from police on operational plans – Jean Mensa reveals
- Short Commission’s day one sitting has given hope – Aning
- Akufo-Addo’s Lancing College recruits Ghanaian students
- New board of ECOWAS Brown Card scheme promises improved service
- Meet Maxwell: 23-year-od successful mango farmer