President Nana Akufo-Addo has appointed Patrick Darko Missah as the Acting Director-General of the Ghana Prisons Service with immediate effect.
The President's appointment is in pursuant to Article 207 (1) of the 1992 Constitution of the Republic of Ghana.
Until his appointment, Mr Missah, was the Deputy Director–General of Prisons in charge of Operations.
A product of Suhum Secondary Technical School and Ofori Panin Secondary School, the Acting Director-General holds a Master of Philosophy Degree in Agricultural Extension and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture from the University of Ghana.
He has also studied Human Resource Management at the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration and attended several capacity Training Courses both home and abroad.
Mr Missah has also undertaken training and leadership programs in Correctional Administration including Emergency Management Response Training at the International Corrections Management Training Centre in Colorado, Human Resource and Employee Profile Management, Corporate Governance and Strategic Leadership and Basic and Advance Security in the Field by Integrated Mission Centre of the United Nations Mission in Liberia.
He has also participated in several Correctional Management Conferences at the international level.
He was enlisted into the Ghana Prisons Service in April 1989.
Mr Missah has held several key positions notably, Deputy Director-General of Prisons in charge of Operations, Director of Prisons in charge of welfare, Director in charge of Agriculture and Human Resource Development and Deputy Director in charge of Finance and Administration.
Other positions he held were Western Regional Commander at the Sekondi Central Prisons, Officer in charge of the James Camp Prison, Officer in charge of the Amanfrom Camp Prison in the Ashanti Region, Chief Agricultural Officer at the Prisons Headquarters and Agricultural Coordinator at the Nsawam Medium Security Prison.
Mr Missah has served with the United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL), as Corrections Advisor from November 2011 to March 2013.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- IHRMP honours Multimedia's HR manager
- Cat climbs into box, accidentally gets posted 700 miles away
- Guardians of Gray Masters Foundation to renovate 'deplorable' Bekwai Infirmary
- Ga East Municipal Assembly seizes developer's equipment
- GII calls for 'resurrection' of double salaries, other cold corruption cases
- Tree planters plant themselves at Commission over unpaid arrears
- 'The higher calling to serve': 18 Liberty Church pastors ordained
- Local Accra restaurant, N8TIVE, turns 1 in style
- Man charged for allegedly shooting, paralysing wife
- Opuni Trial: 'CRIG documents tampered, misfiled'
- Top prison bosses, 42 others promoted by President Akufo-Addo
- Prioritise education, digital connectivity – Lagarde advises gov't
- The five top destinations to visit in 2019 – an insider’s guide
- “World’s prettiest man” has to show ID to prove he’s male
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 18, 2018