President Nana Akufo-Addo has appointed Dr Anthony Nsiah-Asare as the new Director-General of the Ghana Health Service with effect from March 1, 2017.
He takes over from Dr. Ebenezer Appiah-Denkyira who has retired from active service.
Dr. Nsiah-Asare prior to his current appointment has worked in the health sector spanning over 36 years in senior management position.
He has also worked as a Surgical Specialist at the St Patrick Hospital in Offinso-Ashanti and Tamale Teaching Hospital.
The one time Chief Executive Officer of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) also worked as a Consultant General Surgeon for the same hospital.
Between 1997 and 2001, Dr Nsiah-Asare served as a part-time lecturer in Clinical Anatomy at the University of Development Studies (UDS), School of Medical Sciences, Tamale.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist