Ghanaians are stepping up efforts to help several hundreds victimised in a mudslide in Sierra Leone that has left close to 400 dead.
The Ghana government has already sent relief items and supplies. But the call for help keeps ringing as the magnitude of the disaster dawns on Africans.
A group, the Economic Fighters League has partnered the Ghana Red Cross Soceity to moblise Ghanaian humanitarian support for the victims.
The group has visited the Sierra Leone High Commission in Accra to enquire about the needs of the distressed people.
Below are some of the items that can be donated
- clothes (used or new of a wearable kind)
The Economic Fighters League and the Red Cross Society want to encourage the public to show maximum care and compassion and donate items to help brothers and sisters in Sierra Leone in these trying times.
Follow the details to help
1. Take out the clothes or other items you want to donate
2. Pack them neatly in a polythene bag
3. Drop it at the office of the Ghana Red Cross Society
Plot No. 10
Tetteh Quarshie Roundabout, South Legon
Near Tullow Oil
4. Give it to one of our volunteers
Greater Accra Region; 0243931165/0244610732/0244694422/0577500874
Northern Region; 0245115176
Eastern Region; 0547641693
Central Region; 0248373780
Brong Ahafo Region; 0208700694/0553956564
Western Region; 0548270989/026 071 0201
Ashanti Region; +233240854900
Volta Region; 024 326 9487
All other places; 0501063121
5. Call your friends to do same
Cash donations should be sent to the Red Cross Accounts Details below:
1. Account name: Ghana Red Cross Society, Account number: 0100100621001, Bank name: Standard Chartered bank Ghana limited, branch: high street-accra, swift code: SCBLGHAC
2. Fighters MTN Mobile Money 0557007732
Note all donated items will be sent to the Sierra Leone High Commission for onward transportation to Sierra Leone to help alleviate their plight.
Revolutionary regards to all caring and compassionate African citizens. The African spirit of Ubuntu shall never die.
Commander Hardi Yakubu
[12:04, 8/22/2017] Ernesto Yeboah: Saving Humanity is our duty!
Help Heal Sierra Leone
Join the campaign today by Donating in cash or kind. Send a short video to the whatsapp number +233577500874; introducing yourself, followed by the hash tag #HelpHealSierraLeone
TO DONATE :
Ghana Red Cross Society
Bank: Standard Chartered Bank Ghana, Number: 0100100621001
Branch: High Street,Accra swift code: SCBLGHAC
MOBILE MONEY: 0557007732
Have your say
More News Headlines
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng