A 5-year-old Mississippi boy called police to prevent the Grinch from stealing Christmas -- and police made an arrest.
TyLon Pittman saw a video clip of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and decided to call his local police department in Byram, Miss. on Saturday to report the green Dr. Seuss character's intentions. A 911 dispatcher eventually got TyLon's father on the phone, who scolded his son.
"Boy, you better stop watching so many cartoons!" he said as the dispatcher laughed.
But instead of blowing off the call as a prank, police showed up to TyLon's house to let him know that his Christmas won't be stolen.
"I can NOT make this up!!! My 5 year old brother called the police and said that the Grinch is stealing people Christmas and he don't want him to steal his so they really came to our house!" TeDera Dwayne Graves II wrote in a post on Facebook.
"I asked [TyLon] if he saw the Grinch, what would he do, and he said he'd call us and get us to come take him to jail. So I ended up looking around and I found him," Byram Police Officer Lauren Develle told the Clarion Ledger.
On Monday, police arrested the Grinch and brought TyLon to the station to confront identify him.
"You have saved Christmas for the people of Byram," the Grinch told TyLon. "Your bravery is unmatched. You have saved the day."
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism
- Kidnappers of Canadian women demanded $800k ransom
- Gun-toting primary 3 student released on bail for threatening headmaster
- Gov't to increase research funding for tertiary teachers
- Unemployed jailed 15 years for robbing MoMo merchant
- MPs aid strangers to breach security - Deputy Speaker
- Myjoyonline week in pictures: And the 2 Canadians were rescued!
- Kidnapped Canadians: Kenyasi-Achiase residents receives death threats
- Ghanaian, 2 Nigerians freed from Trinidad & Tobago jail - thanks to Akufo-Addo
- I took 15yrs to forgive God -Ebo Whyte recounts importance of fathers