The 37 Military Hospital has refuted claims by a victim of the Atomic junction gas explosion that the medical facility did not provide him with quality care.
The Commander of the Hospital, Brigadier General Agyapong Yeboah stated that the Hospital with the support of government and other donors provided comprehensive and free care to all victims.
He told Joy News the victim stole three mobile phones and ¢150 from other patients at the ward before absconding.
Earlier, Abraham Tetteh, 31 and a phone dealer made the allegations to Joy News’ Maxwell Agbagba after he absconded from the Hospital that he was not well taken care of.
“My burnt back has been smelling very badly. I was in the Hospital during the visit of the Vice President who told us government will support us,” he said.
According to him, initially the Hospital took good care of them but when the service started deteriorating, he checked out to another facility.
“The moment I came to Allied Hospital, I realized government is not in control of victims like me. When your medicines get finished, they will tell you government is not providing money to take care of you,” he said.
He said his condition had deteriorated to the extent that he does not consider himself as a human being anymore due to the discomforting odour from his body.
But Brigadier Yeboah said, “it is a big lie. He was in the ICU and as of now, those who are there are still being looked after.
“He [Tetteh] was scheduled for the theatre; all his medications are still here.”
According to him, they do not pay individual bills but rather gather all the bills for the victims and procure medication and treatment for them.
He was disappointed that Mr Tetteh who does not miss his food did not tell journalists that the victims are fed three meals in a day.
The Commander of the Hospital said when they could not find the victim, they reported to the military police.
Watch video below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- SSGL is Environmental, Sanitation Services Company of the Year
- 42 minors rescued from slavery on Volta Lake
- Trust God, build well - Minister advises potential victims of earth tremors
- Police open probe into sexual assault of British girls, teacher at gunpoint
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- Free SHS: Kufuor poo-poo’s ‘rich must pay’ argument
- National Chief Imam honours Dr Bawumia
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon