Two young men and a lady died instantly Tuesday night at Adjakaa near Enchi in the Western Region when the motorbike on which they were riding ran into a stationary mini truck loaded with bags of cocoa.
Stephen Kofi Martey 32, the rider, with his two pillions - Solomon Ngyan Ndaah, 19 and the lady identified only as Daavi, 28, all residents of Desuano died on the spot when the speeding unregistered Apsonic motorbike ran into the truck that had been parked on the shoulder of the road after running short of fuel.
The police have arrested David Boateng, 34, the driver of the Hyundai Mighty truck with registration number GS 1330-11 and the inscription, "who knows tomorrow" to assist in investigations.
Supt. Kofi Erzuah, Enchi District Police Commander told Graphic Online that the truck, which was carting dried cocoa beans from Mortoso towards Adjakaa, ran out of fuel upon reaching the outskirts of Adjakaa.
The police said the driver who reported himself after the accident, had parked off the road but without warning signals while he tried to get help from his employers.
The impact of the crash sent parts of the motorbike into splinters.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Political leaders should live up to their trusts - Peace Council Chair
- Journalist in ¢5m blackmail of ECG MD
- LECIAD sends off Prof. Mensa-Bonsu in style
- TUC pushes for utility tariff reduction
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded for tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers
- Today's front pages
- Coach acquitted and discharged over “fingering” a minor
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking