She has been described by her friends and teachers as an intelligent child.
It is her dream to become a doctor one day but that dream is gradually fading away at the Children’s ward at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital where six-year-old Joy Koranteng has been on admission.
Little Joy has been battling acute myeloid leukaemia (AML), a type of cancer of the myeloid line of blood cells, characterized by the rapid growth of abnormal white blood cells that build up in the bone marrow and interfere with the production of normal blood cells.
Joy’s family is desperately in need of about $50,000 to get a cure for her in South Africa.
Watch the report below:
Remember to join the campaign to save six-year-old Joy.
You can send your donations through:
MTN Mobile Money number = 0245958002
Multimedia Barclays Bank account number = 037-100-7695, the pay-in name should be Anna Aboagyewa Koranteng.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Santa on the naughty list after 'swearing at children'
- Anlo youth fight Torgbui Sri III over decision to attend Akwasidae
- The ancient 'gateway to the underworld'
- GCIC graduates, inducts entrepreneurs into its business incubator
- Gov’t urged to incorporate Earth Science into SHS curriculum
- Private tertiary institutions struggling - Pentecost University Rector
- Medical drones: Procurement expert offers critical “clause by clause” analysis of deal
- Accra Ridge Church inducts 2 new ministers into office
- The island that never get full
- Medical drone deal suspension would cause judgment debt – Ayine
- Photo of the week: The moment Rawlings told a hilarious story about seed sowing
- Myjoyonline Week in pictures
- GES urged to reconsider stance against mobile phone use in SHS
- Rawlings calls for environmental vigilantism
- Medical drones: Baako criticises lack of “deliberate engagement” with GMA