The former President John Agyekum Kufuor has confirmed his readiness to attend the final funeral rite of the late ace Multimedia broadcaster Kwadwo Asare Baffour Acheampong (KABA).
He gave the confirmation when a delegation from the family of the journalist paid a courtesy call at his Airport residence in Accra.
They officially informed him about the sudden demise of the host of the late afternoon political program, Ekosii Sen, on Asempa FM.
The eight-member delegation which was led by Nana Oteng Bosomprah I, Aburi Amanonihene and the family Spokesperson Elder George Darko called on the former president.
They handed him an invitation for the funeral of the late broadcaster who will be laid to rest on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
They disclosed that KABA will be laid in state at the Forecourt of the State House at 4 a.m. followed by the pre-burial service at the same venue after which will be followed by the burial at the Osu Cemetery.
On December 17, the Thanksgiving Service will be held at the Gethsemane Methodist Church at Mamprobi in Accra.
The Ex-President Kufuor said even though the late journalist had a short life, his work was outstanding.
He noted the professionalism demonstrated by KABA was highly impressive.
The delegation then went to the residence of Kofi Osei Ameyaw, Director General of the National Lotteries Authority (NLA) to invite him as well.
Mr Osei Ameyaw assured the delegation of his willingness to honour the invitation. He expressed his deepest condolence to the bereaved family.
Omanhene Kwabena Asante of Adom TV leads the delegation to the Ex-president's house
Elder George Darko (left) explains the delegation's mission
Elder Darko thanks Ex-President Kufuor
Nana Bosomprah I and Elder George Darko
The delegation in a group photo with President Kufuor
Mr Kofi Osei Ameyaw receives the delegation
Kofi Osei Ameyaw
The delegation in a group photo with Kofi Osei Ameyaw
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manso-Nkwanta killings: Investigative Committee criticised for “limited scope”
- 12-member Council for GTUC innaugurated
- This Chinese man has taken over 30,000 pills of a cold medicine for 10yrs
- Six perish in gory Techiman-Sunyani road accident
- How to break the barriers to Africa’s travel, tourism business
- Ban manufacture of plastics – GhIE president tells gov’t
- Lecturers without Ph.Ds will soon not teach in Ghana's universities- Education Minister
- Nyansapo Scholarship Programme equipping parents to manage child learning disabilities
- Asiwa police chief shot by robbers discharged from hospital
- Ghana's Phyllis Osei is 2018's UN Female Police Officer
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo wins at IFPPAR Health Journalism Awards
- Only 15% of Ghanaians have access to toilet - NGO
- 20 passengers robbed in Ejura
- You can now pay to attend strangers’ weddings in India
- Asempa FM hosts 1st National Dialogue series on Free SHS