The Federation of Muslim Councils (FMC) says it is in no doubt, that homosexuality and same-sex marriage remain an abominable subject (haram).
It is, therefore, calling on Parliament to enact a law to make it an offence punishable by law in Ghana, whether practised publicly or privately.
The FMC noted that even though currently there is no law against the act, the practice of homosexuality is “filthy, indecent, immoral and unhealthy in the minds of respectable Ghanaians and well-mannered children of God.”
The call was made by Executives of the FMC last Friday, when the National Chief Imam, Sheikh Usman Nuhu Sharubutu paid a courtesy call on the National Coordinator of FMC, Abdullah S. Williams in Accra.
In a statement signed by the General Secretary, Muhammad Kpakpo Addo, the FMC emphasized it is solidly behind an earlier call by the National Chief Imam on all moral-minded Ghanaians, faith-based organisations and political parties to support and sustain the crusade to wean our society off all morally abominable practices.
It reminded Ghanaians that homosexuality, same-sex marriage and transgender activities are an affront to God and history is replete with how God destroyed similar way-ward societies in the past such as the infamous Sodom and Gomorrah community in ancient times.
It warned that, the Qur'an cites the story of the "people of Lot" (Qur’an Chapter 26 verses 160-174) and how they were destroyed by the wrath of God, because they indulged in lustful unnatural carnal acts among men.
According to FMC, homosexuality is opposed to God’s plan and can lead to an extinction of humanity.
It pointed out that Allah in his wisdom created not Adam and Hussein but Adam and Hawa to reproduce, procreate and fill the earth and, therefore anything that opposes Allah’s order stands the risk of attracting His wrath and annihilation.
The FMC charged Ghanaian Muslims to be vigilant against any pressures, overt or covert, to coerce them into condoning homosexuality or same-sex marriage, and be guided by Allah’s dictum in Qur’an Chapter 3 verse 110 thus:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manso-Nkwanta killings: Investigative Committee criticised for “limited scope”
- 12-member Council for GTUC innaugurated
- This Chinese man has taken over 30,000 pills of a cold medicine for 10yrs
- Six perish in gory Techiman-Sunyani road accident
- How to break the barriers to Africa’s travel, tourism business
- Ban manufacture of plastics – GhIE president tells gov’t
- Lecturers without Ph.Ds will soon not teach in Ghana's universities- Education Minister
- Nyansapo Scholarship Programme equipping parents to manage child learning disabilities
- Asiwa police chief shot by robbers discharged from hospital
- Ghana's Phyllis Osei is 2018's UN Female Police Officer
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo wins at IFPPAR Health Journalism Awards
- Only 15% of Ghanaians have access to toilet - NGO
- 20 passengers robbed in Ejura
- You can now pay to attend strangers’ weddings in India
- Asempa FM hosts 1st National Dialogue series on Free SHS