Two incubators, five patient monitors and two portable ultrasound machines have been donated to support the Save A Child Save A Mother campaign spearheaded by First Lady, Mrs Rebecca Akufo-Addo in partnership with The Multimedia Group.
Three major donations were made Friday by three different entities towards the campaign to help save more lives at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
The Kokrooko Charities led my ace broadcaster Kwami Sefa Kayi, was the first to redeem a pledge of two incubators made at the first fundraiser in Accra.
Presenting the items, Mr. Sefa Kayi believed the equipment, worth $20,000, will save more lives.
Life Care Technology, led by its General Manager Bishoy Foaud presented patient monitors to help observe vital signs of patients.
First Lady receives donation from Bishoy Foaud
Mindray Company also presented 2 portable ultrasound machines in support of the project.
First lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo was pleased with the show of love and support towards the Save A Child Save A Mother Project.
The Save-A-Child, Save-A-Mother campaign was organised by the First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo and the Multimedia Group Limited, to raise funds for the construction of a new maternity and mother and baby unit for the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital to help reduce the congestion there as government mobilises funds to complete the over 40-year-old close to 1000 bed facility.
This campaign was inspired by Joy News' Seth Kwame Boateng's Special Assignment documentary, Next To Die, which highlights the needless deaths of women and babies at KATH.
The project undertaken by the First Lady to save lives of mothers and their babies had funds raised to hit the target GH₵10m to construct a new maternity, mother and baby unit for KATH.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ahmed started receiving death threats after photos were published – Family reveals
- Minister launches e-learning platform for students
- Taxi driver found dead with missing genitals
- Yendi curfew reviewed
- UN expresses "strong condemnation" of Ahmed’s killing
- AIBF announces 2018 Literary Awards winners
- Yendi: One dead, 2 picked for disrupting rites to enskin new Ya-Na
- 'World's cutest dog' dies from 'heartbreak'
- NPP MP mounts defence for embattled colleague over killed undercover investigator
- 108 police personnel diagnosed with mental illness
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam