The Jospong Group of Companies is the latest to donate towards the Save a Child Save a mother campaign with a promise to do more.
More companies, corporate bodies and individuals continue to donate towards the Save a Child Save a mother campaign.
The First Lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo in partnership with The Multimedia Group Limited has been raising funds towards the construction of a new Maternity as well as Mother and Baby Unit MBU) for the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH), to ease the congestion there.
This followed a JoyNews documentary titled “Next to die” which highlighted how about four babies die on the average each day at the facility, and how an average of 100 women die each year, while in labour there.
Work has already started on the new project which will be ready in four months.
Head of Communications of the Jospong Group, Sophia Lissah led a delegation to present the cheque for Ȼ50,000 to the First Lady.
Sophia Lissah described the gesture from the Jospong Group as “a token” which she said, is their support towards what the Zoomlion Foundation stands for.
She told the First Lady they were touched by the documentary which was undertaken by Joy News’ Seth Kwame Boateng.
Mrs. Akufo-Addo on part, expressed her appreciation to the Jospong Group for this support. She also thanked all those who have donated and continue to donate towards the Save a Child Save a Mother project.
She said: "I have had many contribute to the project which is a very important one”.
“It has gone well so far and we need to raise Ȼ10 million cedis and so your contribution will help”.
Meanwhile, Myjoyonline.com has learnt that another individual who wants to remain anonymous, on Wednesday donated Ȼ100,000 towards the project.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Cocoa Nti fertilizer certified – Scientist tells court
- Give Me Hope Foundation gears up for its Needy Child Outreach programme
- Hanna Tetteh gets new UN post, heads UN Office at AU
- Curfew imposed at Bole over deadly chieftaincy clashes
- SSGL is Environmental, Sanitation Services Company of the Year
- 42 minors rescued from slavery on Volta Lake
- Trust God, build well - Minister advises potential victims of earth tremors
- Police open probe into sexual assault of British girls, teacher at gunpoint
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- Free SHS: Kufuor poo-poo’s ‘rich must pay’ argument
- National Chief Imam honours Dr Bawumia
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane