The Jospong Group of Companies is the latest to donate towards the Save a Child Save a mother campaign with a promise to do more.
More companies, corporate bodies and individuals continue to donate towards the Save a Child Save a mother campaign.
The First Lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo in partnership with The Multimedia Group Limited has been raising funds towards the construction of a new Maternity as well as Mother and Baby Unit MBU) for the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH), to ease the congestion there.
This followed a JoyNews documentary titled “Next to die” which highlighted how about four babies die on the average each day at the facility, and how an average of 100 women die each year, while in labour there.
Work has already started on the new project which will be ready in four months.
Head of Communications of the Jospong Group, Sophia Lissah led a delegation to present the cheque for Ȼ50,000 to the First Lady.
Sophia Lissah described the gesture from the Jospong Group as “a token” which she said, is their support towards what the Zoomlion Foundation stands for.
She told the First Lady they were touched by the documentary which was undertaken by Joy News’ Seth Kwame Boateng.
Mrs. Akufo-Addo on part, expressed her appreciation to the Jospong Group for this support. She also thanked all those who have donated and continue to donate towards the Save a Child Save a Mother project.
She said: "I have had many contribute to the project which is a very important one”.
“It has gone well so far and we need to raise Ȼ10 million cedis and so your contribution will help”.
Meanwhile, Myjoyonline.com has learnt that another individual who wants to remain anonymous, on Wednesday donated Ȼ100,000 towards the project.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ2019: Central Region’s best face Upper East’s; who goes home?
- Parliamentary vrs High Court: Ayariga's decision to seek SC clarity gets backing
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- The Nigerian kidnapper who recruits, trains Ghanaians
- Central Region: Health workers get training on how to control mosquito breeding
- MMDCEs, Presiding Members call for recycling plants in regions to create jobs
- GHACEM completes free cement programme; 5,000 deprived communities benefit
- Nigeria probing how gorilla swallowed over $19,000 zoo funds
- This lady hopes to become the first black woman to visit every country in the world
- Ghana-Lebanon Islamic School optimistic of excellent results as 2019 class graduates
- More early grade, childhood teachers needed - Education Minister
- New law to regulate GM foods laid in Parliament for approval
- DOVVSU has no single vehicle - Ashanti regional coordinator decries
- Will a girls' school break NSMQ's 26year jinx?
- Mob attacks Nigerian, accuses him of attempted kidnapping