An Investment bank, McOttley Capital, through its charity arm, McOttley Empowerment Foundation, has constructed a 3-seater modern biofill toilet facility for the pupils of the Nkawkaw Methodist Primary ‘B’ School.
The school which has been in existence since 1973 had no toilet facility for the over 200 pupils.
The Ghc 18,000.00 modern facility forms part of McOttley Capital’s corporate social responsibility initiatives to meet the needs of members of the society.
In a brief address to officially hand over the facility to the school, Mrs. Happy Forson, Managing Director of McOttley Capital said “McOttley Capital, as part of our corporate social responsibilities, support causes like these because we believe in empowering our children too and we would want them to have access to these basic facilities which will enable them to stay in school during learning periods.”
She said “We at McOttley believe that the best way to contribute to our society and the country is to support projects in such communities though we don’t have offices in such locations.”
She urged the school and community to keep the facility clean in order to promote good hygiene.
Mrs. Ahadzi, Headmistress of the school expressed her profound gratitude on behalf of the school and encouraged the children to practice good sanitation habits.
McOttley Capital has supported several projects such as donations to the June 3rd Flood victims, full surgery of four year old hole-in-heart Abdul, Dzorwulu Special School and recently supported the Joy FM Next-to-Die documentary.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank support farmers in four districts
- Process&Plant, Chint donate solar plant to Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Alliance for Science pushes for passage of Plant Breeders Bill into law
- Two arrested for attempting to cast spell on Akufo-Addo
- 60-year-old graduate is 2018 National Best Farmer