A church in Edgewater, Florida, is begging for forgiveness after posting a message that some ― well, most ― people interpreted as being sexual in nature.
Last week, the Bella Vista Baptist Church posted a message on an outdoor sign that read, “Forgiveness is swallowing when you want to spit.”
An Instagram user who goes by the name Catherine306098 posted a photo of the sign with the comment, “I think someone is a little mad at their wife.”
Although the message could be considered an oral sex innuendo, church officials insist they meant nothing vulgar.
Representatives of the church told Orlando TV station WKMG the sign was “completely innocent” and was “intended as encouragement to forgive.”
The church removed the message and told the station, “We apologize if anyone was offended.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking
- KNUST: Teacher unions restore suspended services
- Government accused of distributing expiring fertilizers to farmers
- Give Me Hope Foundation partners Alfie Design to train women in deprived c'nities
- Japanese passport now world's most powerful
- Ghana, Qatar sign 5 Memoranda of Understanding
- 95-year-old man wakes up at his own funeral, says he was just taking a nap
- Dagbon youth fight to keep Chereponi out of new region
- Update: KNUST reopens Friday
- EC Commissioner goes soul-winning at Accra Mall
- 'Time to possess nations' -The Church Of Pentecost unveils 5-year vision
- Ghana Library Authority revives 20-yr broken union with Book Aid Int.