Three construction staff were reportedly electrocuted at Jema, the capital of the Kintampo South district of the Brong Ahafo Region Tuesday.
An eyewitness explained that 9 persons were contracted to mount an electricity pole for the purposes of extending electricity to a private residence.
In the process of erecting the pole, it slipped from their hands and hit a high-tension cable.
The high voltage live cable tore off from the high-tension pole, dangled and fell on the victims killing three and injuring six.
The bodies of the deceased have been deposited at the Kintampo government hospital while the six who sustained various degrees of injury are currently responding to treatment at the Jema district hospital.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Rumors I'm planning an attack untrue – Regent of Dagbon
- Police shot in the eye by armed robbers
- Manso-Nkwanta: 7 killed by police not armed robbers - Gov't
- The shipwreck that created a culture
- 'Human Spider' banned from climbing any UK building
- Today's front pages
- You can now travel across Morocco on Africa’s First High-speed train
- 3 arrested over Asiwa police chief attack
- Pantang Hospital JHS pupil wins Aspire to Bee spelling competition
- 'Dead' man turns up two months after burial
- Asiwa police chief shot, in critical condition
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?