Police in the Ashanti region have arrested two persons in connection with an attack on Chinese expatriates in Obuasi.
A third person who attempted to escape from the police grips was shot dead, Monday.
This comes nearly a month after five gunmen attacked the expatriates in Obuasi and made away with an ash Hyundai Saloon car, ten phones, two laptops, pump action gun and 3,000.00 cedis.
The suspects were said to be wearing military uniforms and wielded a pump action gun and two locally manufactured vehicles when they attacked.
The Chinese expatriates quickly reported the matter to the police who then alerted all patrol teams to be on a look out.
According to the Ashanti Region Police commander DCOP Ken Yeboah, two of the gun men were rounded up yesterday at Krofrom upon intelligence.
Explaining the circumstances under which the suspects were arrested DCOP Ken Yeboah said they received information, Monday April 24, 2017, that two suspects were in possession of the stolen car at Kofrom in Kumasi.
"A team was dispatched to the area and arrested Philip Kojo Danso and Kojo Asamoah Daniel with the said vehicle. Suspect Kweku Asare in the course of the operation tried to escape from the police but was shot and in the process died instantly," he explained.
Meanwhile, eight other miscreants who stormed a funeral grounds at Abuakwa, a surburb of Kumasi with machetes to avenge an assault case were also arrested by the police.
They are accused of inflicting cutlass wounds on one Collins Opoku in the process.
All of them were charged with the offences of conspiracy to commit crime and use of offensive weapons.
They have been put before an Nkawie Circuit court and remanded into prison custody.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: 50-yr 'dead' rail sector will be alive next year - Finance Minister
- Education Ministry promises major facelift for technical universities
- STAR-Ghana Foundation launched to promote active citizenship
- One Stop Center an advantage for abused children - World Future Council
- Update: The Finder editor released
- Juaben Traditional Council hands over 2 flats to police
- 'We don’t care about 2019 budget' – Spare parts dealers
- The Royal Express luxury train is the best way to see Japan
- Reverse Pinocchio – Researchers find that your nose shrinks when you lie
- Today's front pages