President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has paid a visit to 43-year-old abandoned maternity block at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) first began in 1974.
His visit to the imposing structure comes days after JOY NEWS profiled the building in its impact driven, cross platform documentary, "Next to die."
President Akufo-Addo wrote in the visitors book in front of the building that he was "distressed" at what he saw on site and vowed to do something to fix the situation.
Below are some of the pictures:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall
- Photo of the week: The Bawumia reminder
- Protest erupts over terrible Hohoe roads
- Public universities deliberately crippling private ones - Prof. Adow Obeng