A hospitalised victim of a shooting incident at Alajo in Accra has died, a family source has confirmed to Joy News.
The victim, Richard Yaw Boadi, was sent to the Greater Accra Regional (Ridge Hospital) Hospital Tuesday afternoon in critical condition after a bullet is said to have penetrated the lower side of his stomach.
It followed an altercation between the 32-year old Yaw and the suspect, Nana Frimpong in front of a garage at the suburb.
The mechanic had demanded, Nana Frimpong move his red Hyundai car some meters away to enable him to park a 207 Benz bus.
The suspect refused and in the ensuing disagreement, allegedly fired a warning shot and later shot the victim.
He had been hospitalised since Tuesday.He passed Wednesday evening after losing a lot of blood.
Medical report indicates his right kidney was so hard hit it had to be removed, his colon was also cut and joined.
Yaw had also lost so much blood requiring more than 12 pints pumped back into him.
The shooter, Nana Frimpong was arrested last Tuesday after angry residents and workers at the garage assaulted him and damaged his car.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking
- KNUST: Teacher unions restore suspended services
- Government accused of distributing expiring fertilizers to farmers
- Give Me Hope Foundation partners Alfie Design to train women in deprived c'nities
- Japanese passport now world's most powerful
- Ghana, Qatar sign 5 Memoranda of Understanding
- 95-year-old man wakes up at his own funeral, says he was just taking a nap
- Dagbon youth fight to keep Chereponi out of new region
- Update: KNUST reopens Friday
- EC Commissioner goes soul-winning at Accra Mall
- 'Time to possess nations' -The Church Of Pentecost unveils 5-year vision
- Ghana Library Authority revives 20-yr broken union with Book Aid Int.