Police Prosecutors handling the trial of 20 persons accused of murdering Army Major, Maxwell Adam Mahama have revealed, they are on a manhunt for 13 more persons whom they believe, took part in the murder of the soldier.
Major Maxwell Mahama was on May 29 lynched by a mob at the Central Regional town of Denkrira Oboasi, after some residents suspected him of being an armed robber after seeing his sidearm.
About 60 suspects were initially arrested in connection with the murder.
Joy News Joseph Ackah Blay reported from the court Thursday that, in pleading for an adjournment, State Prosecutor, DSP George Amegah informed the court the duplicate docket had been forwarded to the Attorney General's Department for advice.
He also informed the court the investigators handling the case were still trying to apprehend 13 others they believe to have participated in the crime.
Magistrate Ebenezer Kweku Ansah, adjourned hearing to September 7, as they await the A-G's advice as well to allow the police more time in their investigations.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Terrible Ashongman roads cause residents to demand immediate action
- Cocoa Nti fertilizer certified – Scientist tells court
- Give Me Hope Foundation gears up for its Needy Child Outreach programme
- Hanna Tetteh gets new UN post, heads UN Office at AU
- Curfew imposed at Bole over deadly chieftaincy clashes
- SSGL is Environmental, Sanitation Services Company of the Year
- 42 minors rescued from slavery on Volta Lake
- Trust God, build well - Minister advises potential victims of earth tremors
- Police open probe into sexual assault of British girls, teacher at gunpoint
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- Free SHS: Kufuor poo-poo’s ‘rich must pay’ argument
- National Chief Imam honours Dr Bawumia
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’