The Intelligent Lady, a lifestyle magazine and network for professional Christian women in business and leadership has honored Lady Rosa Whitaker Duncan Williams for her exceptional and exemplary leadership in business and diplomacy in Africa.
Lady Rosa Whitaker Duncan Williams, the CEO of The Whitaker Group (TWG), an African investment consultancy which operates at the nexus of US-Africa economic policy, trade and business development, is one of the hands-on architects of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), America’s first comprehensive trade law with African countries. She also served as the first ever Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Africa under the Administrations of Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.
Princess Sekyere, founder and managing editor of The Intelligent Lady Magazine and Network, highlighting the achievements of Lady Rosa, paid tribute to her inspiring leadership and how that has increased trade and bilateral relations between African and the US.
According to her, Lady Rosa’s strong passion for progress and development on the continent in the areas of trade and investment is worth noting and honoring. “Her life story is simply amazing and we are glad to feature her in the maiden edition of the magazine” she said.
“There are many women today who through their wisdom, boldness and persistence, have affected lives and changed the destinies of several people in communities around the world” said Princess Sekyere, who is also a 2015 Mandela Washington Fellow.
“Their stories must be heard and read to inspire younger women and girls in our generation. This is what The Intelligent Lady Magazine is all about, to stimulate, inspire and propel young women to achieve greatness.”
The A4 sized magazine contains inspirational stories, feature articles and accomplishments of great women of faith from all walks of life who have defied the odds and challenged the status quo to positively impact their societies with their work and talents.
Lady Rosa on receiving her plaque thanked The Intelligent Lady for the recognition and praised Princess for the initiative of publishing the life stories of amazing women. She said “Princess recognizes that there is a problem and a narrative to change the problem of the girl child, ladies and Christian women and I must say that this could not come at any better time than now. The magazine and network will be a platform that will encourage women to aspire and make a difference.”
The Intelligent Lady is not just a magazine but a Network. A network which seeks to link professional women in business and leadership together to fellowship, share and support each other fulfil their potentials. The Network is to equip the corporate woman with tools and materials needed to balance work and family life, handle discriminations at work and sexual harassment issues among other problems professional women face in the marketplace and in leadership positions.
Published by Princess Sekyere Mission(PSM) in collaboration with Kingdom Concepts Consults, the magazine will be released on a quarterly basis and targeted at professional women aged 18 and above.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Cargill calls on COCOBOD, Agric Minister
- 4-year-old girl dead after being defiled
- Ban on small-scale mining lifted
- New dawn as gov’t train ‘galamseyers’ to mine the right way
- From grass to grace: How a young man surmounted challenges to become CEO
- Anti-galamsey taskforce attacked over arrest of Chinese miners
- Special report and photos: A boy’s wish
- Prampram Mankralo gunned down by unknown assailants
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, December 14, 2018
- Man quits his job to wait for “dream girl” he made eye contact with for 10 seconds
- City Construction & Properties Awards launched to promote building excellence
- The deadliest place in Earth’s history?
- NCA warns defaulting radio stations to settle authorisation fees
- Gov't working on law to improve cybersecurity environment
- Gbewa Palace gates open as Abudus perform funeral for overlord