Imagine a pregnant woman due for delivery sitting on a motorbike and on a dusty terrible road heading to a hospital to deliver.
That is a common sight in the Kpandai district of the Northern region where maternal mortality remains a big challenge.
According to the Ghana Health Service, 136 women died while giving birth in 2016 in the Northern region.
Joojo Cobbinah reports that had it not been for the timely intervention of a Joy News crew another pregnant woman would have been a statistic of maternal mortality.
Watch his report below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Reverse Pinocchio – Researchers find that your nose shrinks when you lie
- Today's front pages
- Assistant headmaster of KUHIS suspended over sodomy allegations
- The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2019 now open
- Students Loan Trust Fund apologises for delay in disbursement
- ‘Sack Ursula’: MP urges after ‘rude’ letter to BoG Secretary
- Political leaders should live up to their trusts - Peace Council Chair
- Journalist in ¢5m blackmail of ECG MD
- LECIAD sends off Prof. Mensa-Bonsu in style
- TUC pushes for utility tariff reduction
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded for tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers