She has been described by her friends and teachers as an intelligent child.
It is her dream to become a doctor one day but that dream is gradually fading away at the Children’s ward at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital where six-year-old Joy Koranteng has been on admission.
Little Joy has been battling acute myeloid leukaemia (AML), a type of cancer of the myeloid line of blood cells, characterized by the rapid growth of abnormal white blood cells that build up in the bone marrow and interfere with the production of normal blood cells.
Joy’s family is desperately in need of about $50,000 to get a cure for her in South Africa.
Watch the report below:
Remember to join the campaign to save six-year-old Joy.
You can send your donations through:
MTN Mobile Money number = 0245958002
Multimedia Barclays Bank account number = 037-100-7695, the pay-in name should be Anna Aboagyewa Koranteng.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Cargill calls on COCOBOD, Agric Minister
- 4-year-old girl dead after being defiled
- Ban on small-scale mining lifted
- New dawn as gov’t train ‘galamseyers’ to mine the right way
- From grass to grace: How a young man surmounted challenges to become CEO
- Anti-galamsey taskforce attacked over arrest of Chinese miners
- Special report and photos: A boy’s wish
- Prampram Mankralo gunned down by unknown assailants
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, December 14, 2018
- Man quits his job to wait for “dream girl” he made eye contact with for 10 seconds
- City Construction & Properties Awards launched to promote building excellence
- The deadliest place in Earth’s history?
- NCA warns defaulting radio stations to settle authorisation fees
- Gov't working on law to improve cybersecurity environment
- Gbewa Palace gates open as Abudus perform funeral for overlord