She has been described by her friends and teachers as an intelligent child.
It is her dream to become a doctor one day but that dream is gradually fading away at the Children’s ward at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital where six-year-old Joy Koranteng has been on admission.
Little Joy has been battling acute myeloid leukaemia (AML), a type of cancer of the myeloid line of blood cells, characterized by the rapid growth of abnormal white blood cells that build up in the bone marrow and interfere with the production of normal blood cells.
Joy’s family is desperately in need of about $50,000 to get a cure for her in South Africa.
Watch the report below:
Remember to join the campaign to save six-year-old Joy.
You can send your donations through:
MTN Mobile Money number = 0245958002
Multimedia Barclays Bank account number = 037-100-7695, the pay-in name should be Anna Aboagyewa Koranteng.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking
- KNUST: Teacher unions restore suspended services
- Government accused of distributing expiring fertilizers to farmers
- Give Me Hope Foundation partners Alfie Design to train women in deprived c'nities
- Japanese passport now world's most powerful
- Ghana, Qatar sign 5 Memoranda of Understanding
- 95-year-old man wakes up at his own funeral, says he was just taking a nap
- Dagbon youth fight to keep Chereponi out of new region
- Update: KNUST reopens Friday
- EC Commissioner goes soul-winning at Accra Mall
- 'Time to possess nations' -The Church Of Pentecost unveils 5-year vision
- Ghana Library Authority revives 20-yr broken union with Book Aid Int.
- Govt will sustain free SHS funding - GES Director-General