The death toll in the Afia Kobi Nursing Training College accident has risen to two.
One of the casualties who had been in coma at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital since last week’s tragedy, passed Sunday night.
Reports of Paulina Brogya’s death come as her colleague who died earlier, Christiana Asare, is laid to rest Tuesday.
Hundreds of mourners joined the bereaved family at Kokode in Kumasi to bid farewell to the deceased nurse trainee.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Bosomtwe District Chief Executive, Joseph Asuming, joined the mourners.
As mourners filed past the remains of Christiana, once a Sunday school teacher, they could not control her emotions.
A short sermon at the burial service reminded mourners of God’s plan for each and everyone.
Then came the time for loved ones to bid farewell. Men and women wailed uncontrollably as they watched the casket lowered into the grave.
President of the Musicians Union of Ghana, Bice Osei Kuffuor, also known as Obour, is late Christiana’s uncle.
“It is very tragic. Just 4-months ago [she was admitted in school]. She had always wanted to be a nurse and so we managed to get her admission into the nursing training school only to get news that they had an accident and she’s the only one who died. It is a very sad moment. It is a big blow,” he told Nhyira FM.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- OtherslikemeGH participates in Total Startupper of the Year Competition
- Gandhi statue on University of Ghana ‘falls’
- Roman Ridge School tops Inter schools Chess tournament
- 'For the dignity of mankind' - Ghanaian who saved life on KLM flight reveals motivation
- “Earthquakes don’t kill, poor buildings do” GSA pushes for L.I.
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- U.S. Embassy issues alert on Dagbon; warns citizens against travelling to town
- Gov’t must secure peace progress as Yendi gets set for Yaa Naas' funerals - Dr Aning
- Real-life Rapunzel hasn’t had a haircut in 28 years
- Ghana named among top 5 destinations in Africa for 2019
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status
- REGSEC meets Abudu, Andani reps ahead of 2 funerals
- Culinary industry appeals to government to waive taxes