A 12-year-old boy has been shot dead in a suspected renewed Alavanyo and Nkonya clashes in the Volta Region.
Prince Kwakutsey, a primary school boy, is reported to have been shot in the chest in Alavanyo by some gunmen who stormed his parents’ home Thursday.
The shooting is reported to have happened minutes after the deceased returned from school.
An Assembly Member of the area, Raymond Tsokor told Joy News' Volta Regional Correspondent, Ivy Sertodjie the attackers fled the scene after the shooting.
He said the entire community has been thrown into a state of shock and fear over the development.
The police in the Volta Region are yet to confirm the incident.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism
- Kidnappers of Canadian women demanded $800k ransom
- Gun-toting primary 3 student released on bail for threatening headmaster
- Gov't to increase research funding for tertiary teachers
- Unemployed jailed 15 years for robbing MoMo merchant
- MPs aid strangers to breach security - Deputy Speaker
- Myjoyonline week in pictures: And the 2 Canadians were rescued!