The police in the Central Region have arrested five suspected armed robbers classified as “notorious” in the Cape Coast South Constituency.
The men were caught following an operation undertaken by a team of officers in the Region.
They include, Ekow Bentil, 18, Agbovie Mensah, 22, Emmanuel Amoah 21, Ekow Ewusie, 21, and Mustapha Mohammed, 53.
At a news conference in the Region Thursday, Regional Commander, DCOP Reverend Ampah Benin said the arrested robbers are part of a gang known to be tormenting residents.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
He noted some other suspects fled from their hideouts in the course of the operation.
Some exhibits found at different locations during the operation included 123 pieces of wrapped plant material and quantity of seeds suspected to be narcotic drugs.
The others are 10 knives, 24 scissors, a hammer, crow bar, chisel, tape recorder, television, quantity of material used to administer narcotic drug, 6 lighters, 27 CD and taxi a cab registered GT 5383-12 suspected to be involved in goat stealing syndicate.
Also one of the suspects by name Ekow Bentil was found in possession of a substance suspected to be narcotic drug.
DCOP Reverend Ampah Benin further revealed the police burnt down all the wooden structures that had been erected by the suspects in the affected areas.
Meanwhile all the suspects will be detained until investigations into their operations are concluded.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status
- REGSEC meets Abudu, Andani reps ahead of 2 funerals
- Culinary industry appeals to government to waive taxes
- Ghana not prepared for looming earthquake – Geological service
- Part of Kumasi City Mall ceiling collapses
- Gold-obsessed man wears 13kg of the metal wherever he goes
- A 1,000-year-old road lost to time
- MPs advocate for revival of Maths, Science and Technology scholarship
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Notorious robbery kingpins jailed 176 years
- Cocoa Nti fertilizer certified – Scientist tells court
- Give Me Hope Foundation gears up for its Needy Child Outreach programme
- Hanna Tetteh gets new UN post, heads UN Office at AU