About 150 high-powered women leaders from across the world are meeting in Accra this week for the 4th International SHEROES Forum.
Former Vice President of Zimbabwe, Dr. Joice Mujuru, will be the special guest of honour at the three-day event that opens on Thursday, May 25, 2017 at the Tang Palace Hotel in Accra.
Other special guests include Mrs. Rebecca Akufo-Addo, First Lady, Ghana; Mrs. Folorunso Alakija, Executive Vice Chairman of Famfa Oil Ltd, Nigeria -- one of the richest black women in the world according to Forbes Magazine; Sen. Jewel Howard Taylor, Senior Senator of Bong County, Liberia, Sen. Binta Masi Garba, Senator of Adamawa Senatorial District, Nigeria and Rev. Dr. Joyce Aryee, Executive Director of Salt and Light Ministries, Ghana.
The annual flagship SHEROES Foundation event is in partnership with the Joyce Banda Foundation.
It will bring together women leaders in politics, business, governance and other social sectors, to discuss ways of empowering women to be successful in their leadership roles to ensure social transformation.
SHEROES Foundation Executive Director Flossy Tachie-Menson said in a statement, “the forum is a great opportunity for aspiring female leaders to learn from women who have already travelled the path.”
The International SHEROES Forum combines keynote speaker sessions, panel discussions, interactive sessions and entrepreneur masterclass with powerful networking opportunities with some of the most influential women in the world.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in
- Kissi Agyebeng replaces Date-Bah at Electronic Communications Tribunal
- 2 traders in critical condition after gunmen lay siege to highway
- Smart learning and national experience centre project to be introduced in Ghana
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- SMT Ghana launches Volvo Truck traffic safety campaign
- Voltic launches plastic buy-back project at La