Greater Accra Regional Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) says he is yet to come to terms with the passing of Kwadwo Asare Baffuor Acheampong, popularly known as KABA.
KABA, a talented broadcaster with The Multimedia Group Limited, passed away in the early hours of Saturday, November 18, 2017, at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
KABA, until his sudden death, was the host of popular late afternoon political talk show, Ekosii Sen on Asempa 94.7 FM.
Speaking to JoyNews’ Charles Ayittey from the late presenters’ residence Ade Coker said “KABA is a brother.”
To him, KABA is “a colossus, a giant and one of the finest broadcasters in this country. The world listens to him, Ghana and he makes every day of the week [complete].”
The NDC Regional Chairman said he simply could not believe that the talented and fine broadcaster had passed.
“When I heard that such a colossus like this has fallen, to be honest with you, I couldn’t believe it because good men rather die young and it’s unfortunate that such a fine gentleman with a lot ahead of him should just kick the bucket at a very early age,” he said.
Several people have been trooping the residence of the late broadcaster to pay tribute to him.
Management of The Multimedia Group Limited will hold a memorial service on Monday, November 20, for their departed presenter.
The service is scheduled to take place at the Forecourt of Multimedia’s Radio building, which houses Joy FM, Adom FM, Asempa FM and Hitz FM.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years